Moretonhampstead, Newton Abbot, Devon
- Main House
- Ground floor | Porch | Reception hall | Drawing room | Dining room | Kitchen/breakfast room opening to sitting room | Boot room | Utility room | Two cloakrooms
- First floor | Landing | Principal Bedroom suite with ensuite bathroom and dressing room
- Three bedrooms & bathroom
- Second floor | Landing | Bedroom | Shower room | Attic room
- Granary Cottage: Hall | Sitting room | Kitchen/breakfast room | Gallery study/bedroom
- Two bedrooms both with ensuite bathrooms
- Horseshoe Cottage: Sitting room | Kitchen/breakfast room | Two bedrooms | Bathroom
- Old Stables Cottage: Hall | Sitting room | Kitchen/breakfast room | Bedroom & Shower Room
- Courtyard Cottage: Hall | Sitting room/dining room | Kitchen | Three bedrooms | Bathroom
The traditional agricultural buildings were all re-imagined and converted to provide four highly individual cottages. Each with its own character and distinct style and all independent from one another, thus allowing for separate use. The accommodation on offer ranges from The Granary Cottage which is the largest, to The Old Stables Cottage which has one bedroom. Horseshoe Cottage provides two bedrooms, whilst Courtyard Cottage provides three bedrooms. There is a large first floor office, gym and games room. A major feature of the converted buildings is the indoor swimming pool. A fully glazed elevation provides wonderful views. The swimming pool is circa 15 metres in length with an automated safety cover. Temperature control prevents condensation and it has a shower and changing room.
A range of outbuildings was constructed in 2006 including stables providing 5 loose boxes, a tack room and feed store. Adjacent is a barn with WC. The boilers housed in a barn serve the whole site. The gardens and grounds are landscaped and have been thoughtfully designed to incorporate the original dry stone walls, farm tracks, mature trees and the cart wash. As is common on Dartmoor, large granite stones border gateways and these are complemented by bespoke contemporary wooden gates. Open lawns and flagstone seating areas with colourful perennial beds and a climber covered pergola border the house and take full advantage of the sunny aspect and fine views. Close to the house a delightful working kitchen garden has been established with raised beds and is enclosed by dry stone walling. Beyond this stands the tennis court and from here the gardens border fields. The drive provides access to house and cottages and there is ample parking.
There is separate road access to the fields, and the field troughs have water supply from a well.
Greenawell is just outside the town of Moretonhampstead within the Dartmoor National Park.
The market town provides most everyday facilities – church, primary school, health centre, hospital, library, an excellent range of shops, hairdressers, and The White Hart Hotel. There is also a swimming pool, sports centre and two Inns. Lying in Dartmoor national Park and only five miles from higher Dartmoor, Moretonhampstead is known as ‘The Gateway to the High Moor’. Bovey Castle, at just 1.6 miles from the property, has been extensively refurbished in recent years, and comprises a superb country house hotel, with an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, squash courts, facilities for archery, a spa and excellent restaurant (membership available on application).
Dartmoor National Park, with its stunning countryside, attracts many people to the area and provides a vast array of activities such as fishing, walking and cycling and are all within easy reach of Greenawell. The county town and cathedral city of Exeter, about 13 miles away, offers a comprehensive range of educational, recreational, cultural and shopping facilities. There are a number of excellent independent schools in Exeter, including Exeter School (boys and girls), and The Maynard School (girls
Moretonhampstead, Newton Abbot, Devon
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Yeoford Station8.7 miles
About the agent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference EXE200149. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Exeter. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.